Korea Post Office is a government agency offers national postal services, but also financial services, deposit, and insurance. It's similar to Deutsche Postbank in Germany, South African Post Office Bank in South Africa and Japan Post Bank(ゆうちょ銀行) in Japan.
Before you visit a post office for banking service, you must notice if the post office is only for post service or not. If there's a post office where '우편취급국' is written on its sign, instead of '우체국', you can't get banking service from it. But some 우편취급국 offers insurance services.
I recommend this bank to you because ...
- This bank provides free internet banking to all their customers. (10 times a month)
- There's no limit of deposit insurance. Your account will be protected by the government regardless of your balance.
- Their cards provide cash back benefit at Korean Post office.
- This bank is a Korean government agency.
But you must consider these before banking with this bank ...
- This institution does not offer a credit loan product.